My practice of over 25 years has taught me that psychotherapy is a blend of art and science. Compassion, creativity, and attuned listening coupled with well researched therapies and holistic thinking (mind-body-spirit) defines my practice. Throughout my career I have been dedicated to helping people overcome obstacles so that they can lead authentic and fulfilling lives. The work and therapies I am drawn to share the ideology that we all possess the ability to change, grow and heal. Why should we have to be defined or limited by our problems? We all embody the potential to lead meaningful and productive lives in spite of difficulties or challenges.
- Master's of Social Welfare (MSW) / State University at Stony Brook (1985)
- Licensed in the States of Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP)
- Extensive Post Graduate Training and certification in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, EMDR, Imago Relationship Therapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Music, cooking, photography, yoga, family and friends feed my soul.